- Terms are NET 30 DAYS, upon approved credit.
- 1½% or $15.00 service charge per month (whichever is greater) will be added to past due accounts with reasonable attorneys, collection agency fees and court costs in the event action for collection must be taken.
- Accounts reviewed and subject to closure if unpaid balance exceeds 30 days past due.
- Returned checks will have a $25.00 service charge added with reasonable attorney’s fees, collection agency fees and court costs in the event of action for collection must be taken.
- Payments must be in US dollars.
- Minimum order is $25.00 not including freight cost.
- All shipments are FOB Placerville, CA or Origin unless otherwise specified. (See FOB below) FTM Inc. will not be liable for any loss or damages in excess of the purchase price of our products sold. (See LIABILITIES below)
- Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Contact FTM for an RMA prior to returning product. (See Returns below) A 15% restocking fee may apply to returned items. (See Returns below)
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover accepted on most purchases.
All returned items must be in “new” condition. See new below
New: The brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item is in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found when received, unless packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag.
When shipping an item back to us, we recommend that you use UPS, FedEx or any other carrier that offers signature confirmation and insurance, as we are not responsible for lost or damaged packages. Only the signature of a Fabrication Tools and Materials’ employee will suffice as proof of delivery. The customer agrees to bear all shipping and insurance charges, and all risk of loss during return shipment. We will not accept a return of an item that is damaged or defective if it has been used/installed please inspect all orders as soon as you receive them and contact us within 30 days of receipt.
Prior to returning an item(s), contact us to request a Return Merchandise Atheization (RMA). You will be issued an RMA number. Please put this number on the outside on the box and enclose a copy of the original invoice.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will call or send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will be applied to your credit card or original method of payment. Refunds are limited to the actual purchase price (including any applied discount and taxes), and are not available for shipping costs.
Shipping / Freight LTL; FOB, Shorts and Damages
- The term FOB is an abbreviation of free/freight on board. Goods are shipped FOB origin; transportation costs are paid by the buyer and title passes when the carrier takes possession of the goods. These goods are part of the buyer’s inventory while in transit. The terms FOB destination and FOB origin indicates the point to which the freight is paid. At this location the goods are transferred, such as FOB destination. This means that the seller retains title and risk of loss until the goods are delivered to the destination. The rationale for these determinations originates in agency law, since transfer of title is conditioned upon whether the carrier with physical possession of the goods is acting as an agent of the seller or the buyer.
- Damages: cargo that falls under this category must have visible damages upon receiving. These damages should be noted in the proof of delivery document in the form of a picture or video.
- All Short: this is when the entire shipment does not (for whatever reason) make it to the consignee/destination. Shortage: shortages are different than “All Short” shipments in that they are usually the result of an incorrectly filled out bill of lading. Rather than the shipment being “All Short,” you are instead delivered fewer numbers of an item than recorded on the Bill of Lading.
- Concealed damage or shortage: if damages or shortages are discovered after freight is inspected and the proof of delivery is signed clear, the claim is considered “concealed.” NOTIFICATION OF CONCEALED DAMAGE OR SHORTAGE MUST BE REPORTED IN WRITING TO THE CARRIER WITHIN 5 DAYS OF DELIVERY. It is more difficult to receive reimbursement in this case but you should document these claims anyway (Note: stamping or writing on the POD such statements as “Subject to Concealed Damage Inspection” does NOT cover the consignee in claims such as this. This is a common misperception.).
We try our best to prevent damage to all packages during transit by packing each order carefully. From time to time, though, damage will occur despite our precautions. For items shipped through a freight carrier, do not sign for or otherwise accept any items with physical damage. These items should be refused and returned to us. For items shipped through a parcel carrier (USPS, FedEx), if you receive an item that has been damaged in transit, please call us within 3 days so we may start a freight claim. Please hold on to the original item, including the packaging and packing material, because in many cases the carrier will want to inspect the items during the claims process. A representative of the carrier may contact you to set up a convenient time to inspect and pick up the package for return. If no one comes to inspect the package, or they do not take it with them when they do, please call us and we may send you a FedEx Return Tag to send the damaged product back to us. If you have not received your order even after the tracking shows it was delivered, contact us within 15 business days. In this case we (the shipper) will file a claim/tracer on the shipment.
Undeliverable or Refused Shipments
Packages will be returned to us by the carrier if they cannot be delivered due to incomplete or incorrect addresses, are not picked up from a FedEx facility, or if the recipient refuses delivery. All packages returned to us for the above reasons can take up to 3 weeks to be processed. We may charge you a 15% restocking fee and all freight cost at our discretion
IN NO EVENT SHALL FABRICATION TOOLS AND MATERIALS, OUR OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, PARENTS, JOINT VENTURES, SUCCESSORS AND ANY OTHER COMPANIES UNDER COMMON CONTROL WITH US, OR ANY INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFIT OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH FABRICATION TOOLS AND MATERIALS, YOUR USE OF THE SITE, PRODUCTS, OR THIRD PARTY SITES, OR YOUR INTERACTION WITH OR RELIANCE ON ANY ADVICE FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR ENTITY EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITE, PRODUCTS AND THIRD-PARTY SITES AND ANY INTERACTIONS WITH OR RELIANCE ON ADVICE FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR ENTITY ARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH FABRICATION TOOLS AND MATERIALS, ANY INTERACTIONS WITH OR RELIANCE ON ADVICE FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR ENTITY, OR THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) FIFTY US DOLLARS ($50) OR (B) AMOUNTS YOU'VE PAID FABRICATION TOOLS AND MATERIALS IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTHS. WE AGREE THAT ANY CLAIM BETWEEN US MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN TWO (2) YEARS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.